For More...

Museums and Heritage

National Museum Cardiff is a museum and art gallery in Cardiff, Wales. The museum is part of the wider network of Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales.

The Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama is a conservatoire located in Cardiff, Wales. It includes three theatres, the Richard Burton Theatre, the Bute Theatre, and the Caird Studio.

Cardiff Castle is a medieval castle and Victorian Gothic revival mansion located in the city centre of Cardiff, Wales. The original motte and bailey castle was built in the late 11th century by Norman invaders on top of a 3rd-century Roman fort.

Newport Castle is a ruined castle in Newport, Wales. It was built in the 14th century, probably by Hugh de Audley, 1st Earl of Gloucester or his son-in-law, Ralph, Earl of Stafford, with the purpose of managing the crossing of the River Usk.

Castell Coch is a 19th-century Gothic Revival castle built above the village of Tongwynlais in South Wales. The first castle on the site was built by the Normans after 1081, to protect the newly conquered town of Cardiff and control the route along the Taff Gorge.

Newport Museum and Art Gallery is a museum, library and art gallery in the city of Newport, south Wales. It is located in Newport city centre on John Frost Square and is adjoined to the Kingsway Shopping Centre.

The National Roman Legion Museum is a museum in Caerleon, near Newport, south-east Wales. It is one of three Roman sites in Caerleon, along with the Baths museum and the open-air ruins of the amphitheatre and barracks.

The National Waterfront Museum, Swansea or NWMS is a museum in Swansea, Wales, forming part of Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales. It is an Anchor Point of ERIH, The European Route of Industrial Heritage.

St Fagans is a village and community in the west of the city of Cardiff, capital of Wales. To the south lies the village of Michaelston-super-Ely, and to the east the suburb of Fairwater.

The Swansea Museum in Swansea, Wales, UK is the oldest museum in Wales. The building was built for the Royal Institution of South Wales in 1841 in the neo-classical style.

The Newport Medieval Ship was discovered in the banks of the River Usk in June 2002 during construction of the Riverfront Theatre.

Comments are closed.